Saturday, June 7, 2008

Long flippin' week

My day job had me in a document warehouse in Kent all week reviewing 330 boxes of pension data. Not as bad as it sounds since the review room was windowless concrete with fluorescent lights which means I did not have to get depressed watching the rain come down. On Friday I was back in the office trying to pull everything together before turning the documents over to the other side and got bitched at by opposing counsel that I had done it all wrong. I will be glad to see the last of this project.

On top of that, we had some -- a lot of -- drama surrounding the Gigi short and I have to make a tough decision this morning.

But there was plenty of good in the week, too. Trish and I went over to Katie and Jim's to drop off a meal and we got to spend a little time with them and Leo, who is probably even cuter now then earlier this week. Tonight is the long awaited regional Emmy awards. My brother Mike and his wife Tracy will be in town. We will get some good family time tonight and tomorrow and will hopefully have great cause for celebration.

Todd finished the poster for our feature film project, Duo: A Geek Tragedy (picture at the bottom of the post). I know it is just a poster but it really sparked something in me. We are getting very close to being able to pitch this. Of course that means I have to spend this weekend finishing up the marketing piece of the pitch package.

And Trish met with an Ob/Gyn this week. The doc is recommending a number of tests for both of us if Trish is not pregnant. And she will then meet with the two of us to map out a plan for the next year or so. Trish really likes the doc and I am looking forward to meeting her. It just helps having some kind of plan in place... not that it gives us total control over the situation but that we are doing something more than waiting, hoping and being disappointed.
A good week all in all. But considering it started last Saturday with Leo's birth... like I said, long flippin' week.

No comments: