Tuesday, May 13, 2008

New Project

I have been working with Todd Downing on a short film (him directing, me producing), written, starring and financed by an actress out of LA by way of Australia. She was wanting us to keep it under wraps until we had more details set. We met for the first time face to face on Saturday and started hammering details. I guess she felt comfortable with the details and with me producing (she had already met Todd and had an instant connection) as later that day at the Emerald City Comic Convention, she outed the project.

So, I can now officially say I am producing a short film written by and starring Gigi Edgley, from the late 90's t.v. show, Farscape (Sci-Fi Channel's first big hit). It is called Nobody Knows and it, as Gigi describes it, captures "a really odd moment in time." It ties in loosely with Blue Shift the comic she co-created with Brian Meredith, local artist and co-organizer of ECCC.

One more project does not help reduce the overall stress levels, but it is pretty tough tough to say no when a project like this falls in your lap.

No comments: