Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Happy Birthday, Todd!

Yet another friend strides mightily into his 40's. Today is Todd Downing. Todd is a local writer/director/musician/designer/geek that we met after he cast Trish in his short film, Ordinary Angels. That was about a year and half ago. After filming was done, Trish introduced the two of us and something just clicked. Since then, we have become close friends... to the point where it is hard to remember just how short a time we have actually known each other. A similar taste in all things geek helps. A far too similar sense of humor helps, too (and drives Trish a little nuts, but that's ok). Mostly though I think it is how our artistic goals line up. And that has led to a very rewarding collaboration for several projects. (How good the end result is remains to be seen, but I would not bet against us.) He has a big talent and a big heart and while he protests a little too loudly about how lame Aquaman is (compensating, perhaps?) I am thrilled we became friends. Happy Birthday, Todd.

...and to think, I had to talk Trish into keeping that audition appointment.....

1 comment:

TD said...

Thank you, sir! I have not yet composed the birthday post over at RWD, but I will be sure to mention your own impending quadrigenarianism.

I've had a great day so far, and intend on milking this thing all summer (at least)! :)