Monday, April 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom... Congratulations, Mike

Today is Mom's birthday. Not enough room on the blog to list all the ways she has been a great mother. Not enough skill with words to express it properly if there were. Happy Birthday, Mom. I love you.

Sadly, in posting this I realized that the only digital photo of my mom that I have access to is from the bio page on her work website. Going to have to do something about that.

And we got word this weekend that big brother Mike has been nominated for a regional emmy. (PDF, his nomination is listed on page 4.) Mike is a news photographer for Channel 12 in Portland. The nomination is for a special series he did last year, Living in the Landfill.* Powerful story about the people who live in the Managua, Nicaragua city landfill and some of the best work in his talented career. Congrats, brother and good luck.

3 comments:

TD said...

Congrats, Mike! And definitely, Happy Birthday Mom! :)

Uncle Rico said...

Thanks Dan! I think Pete and I are going to come up for the ceremony in June.

I fear the links you posted to the four-part series are useless. Looks like they've taken the videos down (at least they're not showing up on my Mac).

And you're right ... Mom has been a GREAT mother!!!

Cheers!

Dan Heinrich said...

The links are to the station's web page with embedded window's media files. They work on the pc's I have tested so it might be your mac not liking the windows media file.... but then you have already seen the story.