Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Happy Birthday, RCL!

Happy Birthday, R. Christopher Lucas. For those who don't know, Chris was a friend and roommate from college. ("Go, Geoducks, go! Through the rain and the mud, let's go!") We roomed together for a while after school, bummed around Europe together for a few months, too. He partially credits me with helping him turn away from being a science geek to being a film geek. Currently living in Austin, Texas with his wife and two boys while completing his Ph D. (How is that dissertation coming, Chris?) The photo is circa 1993. I think we were still rooming together then. I know we were both spending after work hours at AHA! Theatre. And yes, I thought he was quite the hipster back then. I mean look at that shirt! Total hipster. (For those who think my posting the photo is low blow, I got it from his own website, so... yeah.) Happy Birthday, Chris. Wish you were here.

2 comments:

TD said...

Yup, that there is a serious Evergreen-circa-'93 shirt.

That's okay. At the time I had a serious Seattle-grunge-rocker-skater mullet. Sort of like the Braveheart, only shaved halfway up the back so it looked more "tribal" in a ponytail.

Yikes.

Dan Heinrich said...

Just to clarify that is not an Evergreen shirt as we were well out of college by then. So that is a Seattle fringe theater shirt. Good to know I never had fashion mistakes like the short or the mullet. Nope. None. Nada.