Tuesday, April 15, 2008

i'm in the movies

It really is funny how long it can take a movie to hit the shelf. Back in the summer of 2006, when I was still acting, I was cast in two local indie films and at long last both have DVD distribution.

The first, Max Rules, is written and directed by Robert Burke. An action adventure story following three teenage friends and how they foil an international spy ring that has the FBI stymied. I have not seen it yet, but it got great press at the various festivals as a kids adventure movie. I have a blink and you'll miss it part at the very end as the football coach. Available on Netflix for your renting pleasure. (By the by, Rob wrote the story when he was in high school and directed the bulk of it at age 20. He has chops and I cannot wait to see what he does next.)

The second is The Audience Strikes Back, written and directed by Pat Beacham. Born out of his frustrations with the Star Wars prequels, the film is an extended conversation starting with Star Wars and evolving deep into personal territory. I am featured much more prominently but I am not sure that is such a good thing. I saw an early cut and was not crazy about my performance - stiff and anticipating with almost no honest moments. (Not criticizing the director here; entirely my fault as an actor.) Due to be released on July 29, 2008, you can pre-order the DVD at Amazon. Have no idea if it will be carried by Netflix but I suppose if enough people requested it, they would have to.

It is great to see these hit the market, even if it means truly embarassing publicity photos get posted on imdb.

3 comments:

TD said...

I'm SO going to have a giant poster made of that Han Solo pose for our combo-birthday bash this year...

Dan Heinrich said...

You really want to go down this path? Because I am sure I know two kids who will help me find much more embarassing pictures of you. Say the word and we'll have ourselves a little throwdown that will humiliate us both.

Uncle Rico said...

Well you got nothing on me! I too want a poster-size print ... maybe for the kids' rooms.