Monday, April 28, 2008

Correction

I want to correct an impression from a post I wrote a few weeks ago about two movies I was in as an actor. Specifically, I made some comments about my performance in The Audience Strikes Back. I did not explain myself very well and some have thought it comes across as disparaging of the movie. Not my intention in the slightest and my deepest apologies for giving that impression.

Actors often look back at earlier work and see only the flaws. I have talked many a friend through this impulse, trying to get them to look at the whole performance and focus on the positives. Then I got sucked into that trap myself. So let me put a new spin on this.

Yes, I could have been more free and relaxed in a number of places. But on the positive side, there is a very nice connection with Danielle Reierson, who plays my wife. The big emotional moments come across quite well. As do the laughs. The movie as a whole is quite good; my cast mates all turn in solid performances and I was happy to have worked with each of them.

Any flaws in my performance are my fault - my own limitations as an actor - and my mention of them is intended as self criticism only. They certainly do not rest on the director, or any of my cast mates - all of whom I would work with again in a heartbeat, as a director, producer or actor.

It is a good little film. And just as a reminder it comes out on DVD July 29th. You can pre-order from Amazon here and request that Netflix carry it here.

No comments: