Monday, June 30, 2008

"Hey! Look what Zog do!"

One of the great things about vacation was losing all track of time. The downside of that is when you let an important date slide. So Happy Belated Birthday, Tim Herzog.

Zog is my oldest friend, and no I do not mean he is old. I mean I have known him longer than anyone else outside my family. My memory is we met when we were 4 years old, but my brothers tell me it was later than that (although given what they do not remember from our childhood, they could very well be wrong). I know it was before 1st grade. We went through most of grade school and all of high school together.

Smarter than smart, he was the guy everyone wanted to cheat off of in Chemistry and Calculus classes and now he has his Ph D in chemistry. (I dropped Chem 1/2 way through the year and never touched Calculus so I never had the chance to cheat off of him. Just sayin'.) Top notch bass player with a love of jazz, he is currently living in Utah with his wife and 2 daughters. (Of whom, I have no pictures. Just sayin'.)

Would love to get him and his family back into the civilized world (yeah, Zog, I just dissed your state; whatcha gonna do?), but until then Happy Birthday, Zog.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Dan,
So i finally got around to checking out your blog. I am impressed that you found that old far side cartoon. Thanks for the kind words and you can dis my state any time you want. I do all the time although I am quite happy here. I just have reconciled myself to the fact that the only vote I have that ever counts is a primary vote. Take it easy and we'll have to chat soon.
Zog