Friday, June 19, 2009

Sporcle

Some friends introduced me to Sporcle, an extremely addicting quiz website. (I'd say trivia site, but a number of the quizzes shouldn't be considered trivia.) It quickly became a visit every day site. I never mentioned it before because a) the writer's block and b) it was pretty embarrassing that I barely cracked 50% on Countries of the World, yet could get 100% of Name the Network; or that my score on the U.S. Presidents would belie the fact that I ever took advanced placement U.S. History, but I only missed 2 out of 63 on The Simpsons.

Apparently, I am pretty late to the party as the site is very popular. It got a great write up in the Boston Globe, and lo and behold I learn that I know the two founders, Matt and Derek. I used to work with them at Adobe. (I used to play soccer with Matt and throw food at Derek.)

Knowing that, I have to visit the site every day, not just because it is good (and good for you), but because I must support anyone who is crazy enough to quit good, stable day jobs and pursue a wild idea. And you should, too.

No comments: