Wednesday, June 24, 2009

And speaking of geeks

If you haven't seen this yet, at the Radio and Television Correspondents dinner this weekend, John Hodgman gave a keynote address gauging whether President Obama is a jock or a nerd.



A couple of quick points: A) I love the fact that Obama was a comic book fan as a kid, but Conan? Really? B) I think Hodgman is making an excellent point in differentiating the jock/nerd issue as certainty/uncertainty and how that mirrors the conservative/liberal divide. I love it when comedians can slip in sharp, intelligent social commentary and still make it funny. C) I know, I know, he separates nerds and geeks so my title is not very accurate but it plays off my previous post, so deal with it, you nerd.

And is it just me, or does Hodgman remind you of Bob Newhart if he did political satire?

No comments: