Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The most amazing sight ever

People at work are laughing at me because I am so excited over a fuzzy picture of an oblong that is .74 centimeters long. I keep telling them that the still picture doesn't do it justice. You have to see the live version so you can see the heart beating a mile a minute.

Or maybe it is only because the little .74 centimeter fuzzy oblong is my unborn child. And seeing the heartbeat of my unborn child is truly amazing no matter what the little oblong looks like.

Trish is due Feb. 8th. She is tired, nauseous, excited and giddy. And beautiful. The nurse today said everything looks perfect - the heart rate, the size, the yolk sack. (That's the circle at the very center; it supports the fetus until the placenta is fully formed. The oblong to the left is the fetus.)

At a later date, I will probably give more details on what happened, how we found out, lessons learned from the struggles, and all the rest. But for right now I am just going to revel in the fuzzy little oblong.

I'm going to be a father. How cool is that?

4 comments:

Natalie said...

It's super cool, Dan! And your little .74 cm fuzzy oblong is beautiful. Congrats!

TD said...

Congrats, my friend. You've worked hard to get here - and you'll make an amazing father.

Raechelle said...

There are no words to convey just how happy I am for you guys. Really. Congrats!

Uncle Rico said...

How cool is THAT ? .... It's pretty damn cool.