Thursday, December 18, 2008

A measure of peace

I am starting to find an acceptance of whatever may come in our struggles to conceive. I have tried to write about the moment of understanding and acceptance but it really was an intuitive thing and every time I try to write about it, it comes across disjointed and odd and a little haughty. So, I am afraid you are getting the answer only without me showing the work. I hope that doesn't take away from the final grade.

It boils down to gratitude for all that I have and will have. Yes, there are things in my life that I want to change. Yes, there are things in the world as a whole that I want to change. No I do not have control over those things. So I simply do my best to change what I can change, accept that some things I can not change, grieve if it becomes clear I must give up something I love, and always, always proceed from a place of gratitude.

Of course, the roller coaster analogy is still in effect. There is no guarantee this acceptance will last. But for now, I will ride it out.

No comments: