Monday, November 24, 2008

Travel Pics

In the process of unpacking in the new home, I came across a bunch of old unlabeled floppy discs. I had to bring them into work in order to see what was on them. Turns out they are a whole mess of digital photos from my trip to New Zealand in 2000. The digital camera I was using was old even for the time, so the resolution on these is not very good, plus I am not a very good photographer, but here are some samples.

I still have to check my journal on some of these because I do not remember all the details, like which range this is.


This was on an overnight boat trip. I do not remember the name of the bay but it was on the South Island.


Likewise, I do not remember the name of the glacier but I do remember that I got stuck at one point.


Lucky shot.


The last day of a three day hike. Day 2 was 6 + hours, more than 5 of them above the tree line in a pouring rain.


The northern most tip of the country.


In case you get lost.


Yes, this was an actual street sign.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm betting the second shot was Milford Sound. Fun to see those photos (we left for our New Zealand trip just about one year ago - beautiful place!)