Thursday, November 6, 2008

4 years ago

4 years ago today an amazing woman did an amazing thing: she married me. Amidst the whirl and the confusion of the day; amidst the press of family and old friends and people I had never laid eyes on before that day; amidst all the emotions that seemed like they would overwhelm me at any moment, one thought kept running over and over and over again. "I am so blessed."


Over the course of the past 4 years, amidst the mundane and the struggles and the conflicts and the heartaches, that thought will reappear at least once every day. She will laugh at some corny one liner I toss off, or she will reach out and take my hand, or she will be laying into me during a fight, or she will be crying softly into my shoulder, or she will just smile at me, and the thought will hit me as strong as it did 4 years ago. "I am so blessed."



And every now and then, less often then I used to, I will wonder that this amazing woman did this amazing thing. I will shake my head at her foolish choice to spend the rest of her life with me, to raise a family with me, to love me. And the thought is there again. "I am so blessed."

Happy Anniversary, Tiger. I love you.

2 comments:

TD said...

A very happy anniversary to you both!

I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Dan and Trish. Happy anniversary!