Friday, September 5, 2008

Company

I received a response to my post on the recent turns in our conception struggles, and I have to say it feels good to share. It is a couple we have never met (thanks, Internet!) who are having a similar struggle. Just being able to talk to someone who not only instantly gets what you are going through but has experienced something similar is huge. Not that friends and family have been unsupportive; far from it. But talking about infertility with those who have never struggled with it adds to the sense of isolation. Just a few e-mail exchanges with people who have struggled with it helps me feel connected. It feels really damn good.

I was starting to make progress on this before connecting with the other couple, which is good. (I will post a more detailed follow up later.) That combined with the fact that we made a good start on packing last night, that this morning our property management company has given up on trying to nickel and dime us as we leave our apartment, and that I re-connected with a good friend last night has got me in a good mood. Now if I can just hold on to it while I enter all of my time for August before the end of the day....

No comments: